Sunday, September 21, 2008

So it's almost my birthday...

... in about an hour. I'll be 29 this year.

Is it sad that my kids are more excited about my birthday than I am?

No, seriously - I really couldn't care less that it's my birthday. Even though it's my day off, I'll be spending it doing chores, editing a presentation and writing an 8-10 page paper. Oh yeah, and my daughter has field hockey at 7pm. So from my perspective, it's not much of a birthday. Then again, it isn't much different than past birthdays have been. At least it's better than last year, when I was in Hawaii with the boys and trying to finish checking out of the Navy, or the year before, when I worked late, had watch AND someone threw out my lunch when they spontaneously decided to clean out the office fridge.

Maybe that's why I'm feeling so apathetic about the whole thing. I hope next year is more interesting.

*sigh*

No comments: