Thursday, February 21, 2008

Waiting for graduate school rejection letters = stress

I know it's only 21 Feb, and technically notifications aren't sent out until mid-March, but I'm starting to feel like I'm in a constant state of anxiety about my graduate school applications. Why? Here are a few reasons:

1. My GRE scores were atrocious.
2. I still worry about my personal statement.
3. Reading about other people and their qualifications makes me feel horribly inadequate.

I haven't heard anything yet, but neither have many of the other folks I've chatted with on various forums. I don't feel so alone, but I'm still neurotic about the whole blasted thing. I think I'd feel better if I just got the rejections in the mail and it was over with. This waiting is horrible - it's like being pregnant and waiting to go into labor. You know this painful, miserable thing is going to happen, and you can't wait for it to be over. Still, there's that bit of hope that it will all go smoothly and the 40-billion complications that might pop up never will materialize.

So just tell me already! Quit messing with my head!

*shakes fist at The Man*

However, looking at the list of things "to do" from my last post makes me feel ever so slightly better about myself. I've actually accomplished most of them.

Go me!

No comments: